Staying Home as You Age
My wife and I would like to stay in our homes as we age. Do you have suggestions of simple tasks we can do ourselves to accomplish this goal?
Certainly! Start small now and it can make a lot of difference in your day to day quality of life.
- Plug in night lights to prevent future falls
- Move frequently used items to more accessible areas (i.e. a lower shelf)
- Replace doorknobs with door handles for easier access
- Purchase a nonslip shower seat and handheld showerhead
- Get a Lifeline unit for help in an emergency 24/7
- Keep pathways open and free of clutter to prevent trips and falls
- Call 765.464.8080 for a Home Safety Inspection to set yourself up for success in retiring at home.